Back to School Safety Tips
It’s that time of year again when parents and children across the Upstate are preparing for a new school year. Service Second Only to Safety is our tagline, and we are asking you to remember to keep safety first during the 2019-2020 school year. As we travel along busy morning streets, practice precaution and be on alert as students wait on street corners to catch the morning bus, walk along sidewalks, or even drive for the first time on their way to school. We challenge you to watch out for school children -- we certainly will! At Blue Ridge Co-op, our tagline says it all – safety always comes first! As part of our commitment to safety, BREC would like to help you by offering these simple safety tips. Click here for 5 tips to keep our kids safe this school year.
1. Be on the lookout for school zone signals and ALWAYS obey the speed limits and crossing guard signals.
2. Always stop for school busses that are loading or unloading children.
3. Be aware of and watch out for children near schools, bus stops, sidewalks, in the streets, in school parking lots, etc.
4. Never pass other vehicles, change lanes, or make U-turns while driving in a school zone.
5. Avoid using a cell phone, unless it is completely hands-free, while driving in a school zone.