Please call our Outage Express Reporting System to report an outage.
- Make sure Blue Ridge Electric has your correct telephone number on file. Please note that the phone number we have on file is the phone number that appears at the top of your monthly billing statement. If you need to update this phone number, please contact our office at 1-800-240-3400 or indicate on your bill if mailing or paying in one of our offices.
- Do not use the automated outage reporting system to report a non-payment disconnection. You will need to call and speak directly to a Member Services Representative to satisfy the bill and pay any reconnect fees accessed for the disconnection.
- If you call from a rotary phone, you will need to orally record your outage information.
- Check your breaker panels before you call to make sure the outage has not just caused the breakers to trip.
- If your power blinks, but comes back on, please do not call to report the outage. The blinks may be caused by interference with the lines. Please call only when you are out of power. If you still continue to experience blinks over the course of several days, please contact our office to report your problem.
- Have a contingency plan in place for life-support patients. During a major storm from adverse weather, damage may be so widespread that it may be a lengthy process to restore power to all customers. Be sure battery operated back-up or some alternative measures are taken for those who are power dependent.